Welcome to my little corner of preparations for All Things Zombie. Here you'll find my progress of painting miniatures and preparing terrain, as well as any other little nerdiness that may sprout up. Enjoy, and please comment.

Wednesday 31 October 2012

Infecting Havensburgh 20 (Hasslefree Zombie Suzi)

Happy Halloween everyone, and welcome to my final post for October, which concludes my postings for Zomtober.   It was a fun little thing to do and thanks to Leon over at http://pulp-citizen.blogspot.ca/ for starting it all.  So here we go, and in this case, I believe I really did save the best for last.



Hasslefree miniatures really are in a league of their own when it comes to detail.  They are a little more expensive than I'd like, but when you're only getting a few of them, I am able to justify it.  Here we have Suzi, who comes both in a hero form and a zombified for.  I don't have the hero version, as it is not as appealing to me, but man, this is one great zombie.  In fact, at this point in time, this is my favourite zombie in my entire horde.  She's that good.
Zombie Suzi is dressed much the same as her human form with a few minor differences.  She seems to have lost a shoe at some point, and her skirt is now torn revealing even more of her panties (pink in this case).   But what really makes Suzi a great figure is the pose.   It reminds me of something out of the films The Ring or The Grudge, neither of which are actually zombie films, but both feature creepy young girls with their faces more often than not covered with their hair.  I like to picture the heroes running around a corner to come face to face with Suzi here, just barely seeing her sneering teeth beneath her hair.

Comments are appreciated, Happy Halloween.

7 comments:

  1. Great paint job and mini. I would agree that the Suzi model is not that appealing but I'm slowly coming around to the figure. Well the sword armed one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this figure as well. I agree that the fact that most of her face is obscured by her hair adds considerably to her creepiness factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many hasslefree models that simply don't appeal to me, as well. All of them are of great quality, but something still bugs me. The price is high, I agree, but those miniatures really are one step above any other.

    Zombie Suzi is a fantastic sculpt and I must say you've done her justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like this mini (one of the first Zeds I painted: http://eclecticgentlemantabletopgamer.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/hasslefree-zombie-suzi.html

    Great to see you taking part in Zomtober, but Rob needs to take the credit for hatching the idea (Four Colour Super Minis).

    Back for more next year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very effective paintjob (and creepy too).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creepy! That's was a good zomtober, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete